Weekly (?) roleplaying link roundup II
Another listing of recently discovered articles and resources of interest:
- How to create an old-world map in Photoshop
- Planewalker, the official fan site for the 2nd edition AD&D plane-hopping and Sigil-centric campaign setting Planescape
- Old-school gaming perspective is blogged at Grognardia
- An incisive critique of vertical vs. horizontal character progression in recent editions of D&D. A commenter in the reddit thread compares 4E to Magic in that characters, like decks, are now about “optimum builds” and much opportunity for color and imagination is lost as a result.
- Tutorial for a cheap, good-looking character marker creation method (provided you can draw)
- Hirst Arts Fantasy Architecture – cast your own blocks from these molds for a fraction of the price of prepainted polystone terrain
- Other terrain inspiration comes from this “here’s a wizard’s tower I made” reddit thread
- The Order of the Stick Kickstarter campaign raised 1.25 million dollars!
- Fat Dragon Games does papercraft and printable texture terrain on the cheap